THE 7TH INTERNATIONAL THEATRE FORUM TEART WILL TAKE PLACE IN MINSK FROM SEPTEMBER 27 TO OCTOBER 16. THE FESTIVAL PROGRAMME INCLUDES LEGENDARY PERFORMANCES AND THE BEST EXAMPLES OF MODERN BELARUSIAN AND FOREIGN THEATRE. Tickets are already available on the site teart.by and IN THE NEAR FUTURE WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITES BYCARD.BY, KVITKI.BY AND KUPALAUSKI.BY.
- The organizers of the International Theatre Forum TEART are Visual and performing arts centre “ART Corporation” and OJSC “Belgazprombank”, title partner is “Gazprom Transgaz Belarus”. The Forum will be held with the assistance of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Belarus and the Minsk City Executive Committee.
This year TEART will show 19 productions of various genres and forms from 8 countries of the world: Belarus, Latvia, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Slovenia and Kyrgyzstan. The Festival’s programme is divided into 3 sections: international programme, programme Belarus Open and programme “THE SCHOOL OF TEART” which includes lectures, meetings with directors, master classes and other educational events.
The festival begins with the international program
- The wordless comedy “Marriage” will open the program of the festival. The director and choreographer Sergey Zemlyansky is famous for his unique theatre style of plastic drama which combines the elements of dramatic performance, choreography and pantomime.
The choreographic performance “Painting on the wall” is inspired by a traditional Chinese tale. The choreographer Angelin Preljocaj adapts this tale to a modern reality, tries to save the spirit of an ancient story and plunges spectators in the fantastical world of oriental tales.
“Painting on the wall” (Foto: Jean-Claude Carbonne)
- On the 2nd and 3rd October the performance “Sisters Macaluso” will be presented. The stage director Emma Dante refers to the themes which are quite common in her creative works – traditions, patterns of family life and the peculiarities of life on Sicily. The performance “Sisters Macaluso” participated in the program of the Avignon theatre festival.
- The performance “Iliad” by the stage director Jernej Lorenci will be presented to Belarusian theatre amateurs on the 6th October. The best actors from Slovenian National Theatre Drama Ljubljana, Ljubljana City Theatre, Cankarjev dom: Cultural and Congress Centre pay special attention to words, narrative, rhythm and music. They will present to the audience the Homer’s world of the Greeks, the Trojans and Gods.
On the 10th October the audience will see the performance “Demon” which is inspired by the poem of the same name and the novel “A Hero of Our Time” by Mikhail Lermontov. The stage director Vladimir Pankov combines in this performance ethnic music and ritual dances.
“Demon” (Foto: Victor Rehkemyae)
The performance “Boxes” by a German theatre collective She She Pop will be presented at the end of the international program of the festival. The artistic method of the performers – the usage of their own biographies and personal experience in productions – creates a special experimental theatre. In the performance “Boxes” the actresses born in West Germany and in East Germany try to unite their country on stage and together they ruminate over their own life experience.
Prizewinners and nominees of Russian theatre award “Golden Mask” in Minsk
- The performance “Ivanov” (Theatre of Nations, director Timofey Kulyabin) is a real present of the international program of the festival. One of the most talented stage directors of modern Russian theatre gives a new meaning to the first Chekhov’s play. Ivanov directed by Timofey Kulyabin is seen as a typical office worker who suffers through his middle-life crisis.
On the 8th and 9th of October the audience will see the most unusual and spectacular performance of the festival – “MAX BLACK OR 62 WAYS OF SUPPORTING THE HEAD WITH A HAND” (Stanislavsky Electrotheatre, staging and composition Heiner Goebbels). Sound, light, fireworks effects are essential part of the performance, as well as the fragments from the notebooks of great thinkers performed by Alexander Panteleev.
“Max Black or 62 ways of supporting the head with a hand” (Foto: Olympia Orlova)
The Belarusian showcase «Belarus Open» will be held on October 13–16
- «Belarus Open» is a curator programme of the theater critic Lyudmila Gromyko, who collected in one case the best Belarusian theatre productions of the last two years. This year «Belarus Open» will be held during 4 days and will show 11 productions from the capital and other regions of Belarus.
On 13 October on the stage of the Republican Theatre of Belarusian Drama will be shown the «historically inaccurate comedy» about Francis Skaryna — «Career of Dr. Rouse» by Victor Martinovich in the production of Alexander Gartsuev. Contemporary Belarusian drama also will be presented by the play «London» by Maxim Dosko. «London» in the direction of Elena Silutina will be shown by the troupe of the Mogilev Regional Drama and Comedy Theater on 14 October. On the same day the Republican Theater of Belarusian Drama will feature the production of Monika Dobrowlianska «It’s all about her» based on the play of Andrei Ivanov.
There is some interesting compilation of performances based on the classics of Russian literature in «Belarus Open». October 14 «Altana Dance Theatre» will show the performance «A Gentle Creature» based on the story of Dostoevsky. Director Elena Medyakova and choreographer Anna Korzik tell a famous story with the help of the language of modern dance. On the stage of Belarusian State Youth Theater will be shown the «Vanyushin's Kids» based on the play by Sergei Naidenov in the direction of Victoria Lugovaya. And on October 15 Grodno Regional Puppet Theatre will bring to Minsk Chekhov's «The Seagull» by the stage director Oleg Zhiugzhda.
- Belarusian literary classics also will be presented this year. October 15 Mogilev Regional Puppet Theatre will show «The Very Very Blue» based on the story of the same name by Vladimir Korotkevich, the director — Igor Kazakov. And Jakub Kolas National Academic Drama Theatre from Vitebsk will bring to the capital «The Shadow of Our Thought…» based on works of Frantishek Olekhnovich in the production by Nina Obukhova.
October 15 «Belarus Open» will show a new work by Alexander Marchenko — «Anti [gone]». The performance balances on the brink of an ancient tragedy and a modern documentary drama.
«Anti[gone]» (Foto: Snezhana Markovskaya)
- October 13 Belarusian showcase will present the programme of the Belarusian performance PenAtra(C)tion. The curators of the project are Pavel Voinitsky and Ilya Sin. Among the participants are the most famous Belarusian performers: Viktor Petrov, Sergey Zhdanovich, Konstantin Muzhev, Olga Rogovaya, Yuras Borisevich, Alexander Zaitsev, Exorcist Gesamtkunstwerk group and The Mechaners of Culture group.
- «Belarus Open» and TEART-2017 will be closed by the wordless comedy «Pension «Belvedere»» directed by the Italian actor and director Matteo Spiazzi.
More details about performances and programme of side events we will tell in the near future. Follow the information on the website teart.by.